Day 17: VIP

Welcome back, everyone, to another episode of For Love or Money. Today, we have something interesting lined up for y'all, so stick around.




"Morning, Min."

"Morning, Andrea."

"I just came by to tell you that since you're the last person who hasn't been on a date with me, we'll be going out later."


"Wait...really?" Min asks with an incredulous tone. "You and me on a date, just like that?"

"Yeah! It'll be fun, I promise. Get ready at 8 PM later."


"Dude, did you hear Andrea earlier? Min gets a date just like that!? While we had to win some challenge to earn the right? I call BS," Milo laments in disbelief.


"Eh, we've had our turn. Let the kid have his chance," Daniel says. "Besides, it's Andrea's choice. She'll pick whoever she likes for the finale. I just hope I'm one of her choices."


"Well yeah, fine, but making the perfect breakfast plate took some effort, just so you know, even if I do make it look easy."

"What's up, boys?" Andrea greets the two. "Milo, would it be okay for us to speak in private?"

"Yeah, sure. Wanna meet up at the pool? I'll go get changed."


"So, what's up?" Milo asks. "Any reason for you to drag me out here?"

"Drag you out? Was I interrupting a stimulating conversation with Daniel?" Andrea jokingly asks.

"Nah, we were just talking about guy stuff."

"Like making the perfect breakfast plate?"

"For a special someone, yeah."


"Well, that sounds like something I can get behind," Andrea remarks. "Especially coming from you."

"For you, I'd make it extra special," Milo responds.

"Please. I bet you make special breakfast plates for any girl," Andrea jokes.


"I've only ever cooked breakfast for Laura, come to think of it. Well, cooked breakfast for someone who wasn't a customer. And the first time I did it, it didn't turn out too good."

"How come?"

"Kind of overcooked the eggs and used too much coffee. That was way back before I started training to become a chef."

"And look at you now!" Andrea exclaims. "Those eggs you served me the other week were grade A. If I'd eaten those at a restaurant, I'd be raving about it to my friends."

"Yeah, it took a while to perfect our place's breakfast menu. And the rest of it."

"You seem to have done a good job at it. The owner of our restaurant was recently talking about adding seasonal items to our menu. Like more pumpkin stuff during the fall."

"Sounds like a good idea."

"It can be stressful, though. We have to plan new dishes and practice making them. Then some trial runs to get some feedback from the customers. Honestly, I'm glad I was able to get away from all that for a little while."


While these two are having their private chat, someone else enters the scene. And soon enough...


"Daniel! Just the guy I was looking for!"

"You're the one I've been looking for too, Andrea," Daniel winks.

"That might just be the 5th cheesiest thing I've heard today," Andrea chuckles. "So anyway, are you up for a chat?"

"Yeah, sure. Wanna go do it somewhere no one can bother us?"

"I know just the place."


"So..."

"So..."


"You know, Daniel," Andrea begins. "I don't think I remember ever asking you about your family. All you need to know is that I'm an only child. What about you? Do you have any siblings?"


"Oh, yeah, I do have a younger sister named Stella."

"How are things with her growing up? I don't really know what it's like growing up with siblings. I do have my cousins, but it's not exactly the same thing."

"I'd say we had a normal brother-sister relationship growing up. Sometimes we'd be good friends, and other times we'd get on each other's nerves. Drove our parents insane sometimes."


"Do you have any stories? I'm interested in hearing them."

"Well, sometimes she'd pull the plug while I was playing WoW on the computer if she thought I was hogging it."

"That's pretty obnoxious."

"Yeah, but then sometimes I'd pour water down her back if she was ticking me off too."

"When you put it that way, I'm sort of glad I don't have any siblings," Andrea remarks.


"Nah, it's not all bad. I didn't really have many friends when I was a kid. Actually, apart from Stella, I only ever had one friend."

"Aww, Danny..."

"It was fine, though. Stella and I did play a lot on our Nintendo 64. We loved playing Mario Kart a lot. But then we did fight over it a lot too..."



And a few hours after that little chat with Daniel...

"Hey, Andrea, are you ready to go?"

"Oh, I'll go get ready. Meet you outside in 30 minutes."

"Sure."


"Here we are, Min."


"The V.I.P. Nightclub. One of the hottest places in San Myshuno right now."

"Looks lit," Min comments.

"And I actually did get a spot all to ourselves.Tonight, we get to be the V.I.P.s."

"Awesome."

Author's note: The V.I.P. Nightclub was uploaded to the gallery by Nikki-Nick981. Go check it out!


"How do you like it so far?" Andrea asks.

"Not bad, not bad at all. The weather's nice, and we have this place to ourselves. It's all I could ever ask for," Min Kyu answers.


"How have the past two weeks been treating you, Min?"

"It's been great! I get to sleep on a nice bed and I get to eat good food, free of charge. And I can dance as much as I want without worrying about students doing it right. I kind of miss my friends and family though, but we keep in touch online."

"Same here. I usually visit my parents every 2 weeks or so. This is the longest I haven't seen them in a while. Of course, they still check up on me from time to time, asking if I'm eating right and stuff."


"Yeah, parents never really change. Even when you're in your 20s they still think of you as their baby."

"Haha, yeah."

Andrea and Min stare into the fire for a minute, basking in its warmth and wordlessly enjoying each other's presence.

"Oh, Andrea, you know..."

"Yeah?"

"You remember me telling you about that girl I had a crush on who wasn't interested?"

"I can't say I have," Andrea responds. "Did you mention her in the first week?"

"Yep."

"Why'd you bring her up now?"

"I just realized that I haven't really thought about her in a while. I mean, before I went on this show, I'd still have thoughts of her throughout the day. But now, I haven't really thought about her in over a week."

"And you just ended your streak," Andrea jokes.

"Yeah, but still. Ever since I met you, I kind of forgot about Arla. Before I went on this show, I was still hung up on her. But now..."

Min looks back at the fire as he struggles to find the right words to say.


Just then, Andrea turns to Min.

"Hey, Min."

"Yeah?"

"Catch."

Min smiles as Andrea blows him a kiss.

"So, uh, do you wanna go dancing?" Andrea asks.

"Do I?" Min says as he eagerly walks over to the dance floor.


"This is just great, Andrea," Min tells her. "I just feel like I can make all the right moves when I'm with you. Everything just flows and grooves naturally. Do you know what I'm saying?"

"I think I do," Andrea replies. "Like when two people are just so compatible that they just click..."

Andrea snaps her fingers.

"Just like that."

"Yeah, like that!" Min exclaims.


"And Min, just for tonight, you can forget all about that. Forget about Arla, and your job back home. Tonight, it's just us, and we're here to have some fun."

"You know I am."

Andrea starts dancing closer to Min, and their faces gradually inch closer to each other, until...



"Wow, that was...uh...that was something," Min says, dumbstruck.


"Min," Andrea whispers as she slips her hand into his.


Min then proceeds to whisper into Andrea's ear, "Hey, I'm a little tired of dancing. Do you want to go into the hot tub?"

"I didn't bring my bathing suit, though," Andrea responds.

"I think we can do something about that..."


"Oh, this is nice," Andrea exclaims in satisfaction. "The water's just right."

"I could just stay here for hours," Min says.

"Oh, hold on, this spot feels a little weird. Let me just move over."


"Well, I think now you're in just the right spot," Min says as he wraps his arm around Andrea.

"There's nowhere else I'd rather be right now," Andrea claims.


"You seem a little tense though," Andrea notices. "Maybe a massage can help loosen up those knots in your back."

"That would be perfect, Andrea. And you know what?"

"What?"

"You're my V.I.P. And not just for tonight."


"As far as dates go, that one has to be the best I've ever been on. Everything, the setting, the atmosphere, the mood, was perfect. I'm looking forward to more dates like that."


I think that's where we'll leave these two for tonight, folks.

Tune in again on the next episode, and find out what Andrea plans to do next. Will she be one step closer to finding love, or will someone be closer to going home with a huge cash prize? This is Mac Jamison, signing off for tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts