Day 15: Culinary Adventure


"You told me yesterday that you would take me on a culinary adventure, right?" Andrea asks.

"Uh huh," Milo responds.


"Well, I thought 'why wait'? We could start right away with some of the local cuisine."

"So where exactly are we, Andrea?"

"It's simply called The Garden Restaurant. I've read a lot of good things about it on Yelp and The Gourmand."

"Oh, The Gourmand! Their recommendations are always on point! This has to be good, then."

Author's note: This restaurant was taken from the gallery, made by laurenepps24. Go check it out!


"Good morning, ma'am. How can we help you?"

"Hi. We have a reservation here under SimBC."

"Right this way."


"Well I can't decide. Everything sounds delicious," Andrea remarks.

"True. I could order the entire menu. But I think I'll just have some tuna casserole," Milo says.

"Maybe I could try the salmon. Or maybe some of those experimental dishes. Ugh, this is too hard. Milo, can you suggest anything?"

"I don't know. How about the cioppino? I feel like you'll enjoy it."

"Let me see...I guess that's a good choice."


"So you're looking sharp today," Andrea comments.

"Thanks. That dress looks great on you too. I always lose my breath whenever I see you in it during eliminations," Milo replies.

"Are you sure it's not just because you're nervous?"

"Maybe," Milo chuckles. "But I'm always one of the first people you call. Does that mean anything at all?"

"Possibly."


"Hello," a server greets the two as she approaches their table. "Are you ready to order?"

"Yes. I'll have a cioppino, please."

"And one tuna casserole for me," Milo requests.

"Your order will be ready in 15 minutes."


"Bon appétit!"


"Oh, this looks and smells wonderful!" Andrea exclaims.


The pink umbrellas and heart bubbles are a nice touch.


Andrea takes her first bite. What will she have to say?


"The balance of flavors is perfect!" she blurts out. "Not too sour, not too salty. Everything comes together in the right way. And the texture!"

"That's great!" Milo says. "Let me try mine."


"The casserole is great too! Flavor and texture are great."

"I'm SO glad I picked this place. The Gourmand never lies. That, and 800+ Yelp reviews."

"Let's try the tonic next," Milo suggests.


"Cheers!"


They seem to be enjoying their meal. And soon the conversation turns serious.

"Hey," Andrea says after swallowing a bite. "You said you had an ex-girlfriend, right?"

"Yeah, Laura. Why'd you ask?"

"What was she like, if you don't mind me asking?"

"It's fine. It's gotta be like, what? Almost a year since we broke up? Well, she and I were really happy back then. For a while I thought things were getting serious."

"How serious?" Andrea curiously asks, eyebrow arched.


"We'd already said that we loved each other," Milo explains. "And sometimes we talked about our plans for the future. She wanted three kids. I wasn't sure if I wanted kids yet."

"Same here," Andrea interjects. "I don't hate the idea, but the jury's still out on that one. Oh, and speaking of plans for the future. Did you just come up with that Champs Les Sims thing you said yesterday?"

"Me? Well, I came up with it last week. I don't think Laura could appreciate a trip like that the way you could. I just got to thinking that time. Maybe it would be nice for us to roam the countryside and try all sorts of food and wine. I actually have a coworker who's been there, and he says it's the perfect getaway for foodies."

"Ugh, I'm so jealous," Andrea claims. "Wish I could try the kinds of cheese there."

"Same here."


Later on, these two lovebirds decide to have some fresh air.

"It's so nice here in Brindleton, isn't it? I'm glad we were finally able to get permits to film the show here," Andrea begins.

"Yeah, it feels so pleasant here. And there are lots of animals here for some reason," Milo replies.

"It's close to the woods. And I hear the people are crazy about pets. They even have a statue in their town square."


"Maybe this is the perfect place for crazy cat ladies," Milo jokes.

"Or dogs. I actually do have an aunt who has six at home. But she lives all the way in Rhode Island."

"Maybe there are animals at the back. Wanna head over to the balcony and check it out? We could take a look at the scenery," Milo proposes.


Andrea and Milo look over the fountain and the greenery behind the restaurant, taking it all in.

"It's all so beautiful," Andrea wistfully remarks.

"You wanna know what else is beautiful?" Milo asks.



"I have to admit: Andrea's lips tasted so sweet. Maybe it was just the drinks we had earlier? But I've never tasted something like that before. I still can't stop thinking about our kiss."


After that hot date, Andrea decides to cool down by taking a dip in the pool.


She's making waves.


And soon she joins Milo as they bond over what else? A cooking show.

"I still think she put the heat on too high," Andrea criticizes the presenter.

"Nah, it's fine."


Meanwhile, these two are having their own moment.

"You know, it's nice having a workout buddy in this house," Daniel says. "Ever since Darnell left, it's been just you and me."

"Glad to have you too, bro," Dax says in return. "Too bad about Darnell though. But I guess that's just how it is."


"You think maybe getting him on was just a publicity thing?" Daniel ponders.

"Nah, man. For a while it looked like he and Andrea hit it off. I was kind of shocked she let him go so early, though."


"Hey, watcha guys watching?" Min asks.

"Paulie's Deep Fried Delights," Milo answers.

"Oh yum! I love deep fried stuff," Min remarks.


"Anyway, I'll leave you guys to it. I have some things to do."


And Min Kyu is showing off this moves again. The call of the dance floor is too much to resist for this guy. Never change, Min.


"I never knew you could deep fry all that," Daniel comments.

"And still have it all come out looking delicious. No wonder we have an obesity epidemic," Min Kyu observes.


"I had such a nice time earlier, Milo," Andrea says.

"Me too. I hope we can do something like that again," he replies.


"I'll be looking forward to it. And I hope you'll look as cute then as you do now."


"I mean, was I annoyed that they were making eyes at each other right beside me? A bit, but it doesn't faze me that much anymore. And I guess we do it sometimes in front of the others too, so I'm not one to complain."


"So you've been working out again, it seems," Andrea notices.

"Yep, I just finished going for a run on the treadmill. I feel pumped right now."


"You sure have a certain post-workout scent."

"Oh, sorry, I haven't showered yet," Daniel apologizes.


"No, no, it's not a bad smell. It's kind of musky in a very masculine way. I'd say it suits you, since you're a masculine guy. And you're looking quite manly too," Andrea smiles.

"Heh. Thanks, Andrea."



And as the night grows darker, everyone goes to bed one-by-one.

"Oh, Dax, you're still up."

"Yeah, I'm just winding down before bed."



"Well don't stay up too late. I'm going to sleep. Tomorrow's a big day for us all."

"Night, Andy."


---------------------------

And she's right. Tomorrow's another step closer to Andrea making her final choice. But before that, she also has to make a few hard decisions along the way.

What's going to happen tomorrow? Tune in next time to find out! I'm Mac Jamison, and you are watching For Love or Money.

Comments

Popular Posts