Day 20: Golden


One short flight southward, and we have another change of scenery for our next pair.


"Have you ever been to Selvadorada before?" Andrea asks Min.

"Nah."

"Me neither. This is so exciting!"

"Where exactly are we?" Min inquires.

"In the Puerto Llamante marketplace. We're going to this cantina for the first part of our trip."


"I have to say, this place has a really strong Latin vibe," Min remarks.


"I like the atmosphere here," Andrea says. "It feels like a place where we can just kick back and loosen up."

"Maybe after five drinks we will," Min jokes.


"Speaking of drinks, what do they serve here?" Andrea asks.

"Excuse me," Min calls out to the bartender.

The bartender lists down a couple of alcoholic beverages and mentions fish tacos as part of their appetizers.

"We'll each have an order of tacos," Andrea requests.


While waiting for their order, Andrea blows Min a kiss.

"I wonder how I ended up with someone as handsome as you," Andrea lovingly tells him.


"Well, you see, it started when we both signed up for this show named 'For Love or Money'."


"I have to say, I've met a lot of handsome men since then," Andrea replies.

"But were any of them as handsome and charming as I am?" Min asks.

"No...because they surpassed you," she teases him.


"Let me try something," Min says as he picks up the guitar.

"I didn't know you could play," Andrea tells him.

"A little bit."


"Her name was Lola. She was a showgirl. With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there."


"She would merengue and do the cha-cha. And while she tried to be a star, Tony always tended bar..."


After Min is done, everyone's dancing to the radio's beat.


The locals sure have the moves. I wonder if they can teach Min a thing or two.



Ooh, nothing to see here, folks.


Andrea decides to try the local delicacies. Maybe have something to bring back home to her restaurant job.


"Hi there," Min tells a couple of locals. "We're from Simerica. Do you have any advice on what to do around here?"


"I suggest exploring the nearby jungle with a guide," the man tells him. "And make sure to prepare by bringing some bug repellent, and most importantly, praying to the statue of Madre Cosecha for protection."

"Thank you. I think our camera guy here knows the place, so he'll be showing us around."


"So this is the Madre Cosecha statue," Min says.

"She looks beautiful. What does the plaque say?" Andrea asks.

The plaque lists down Madre Cosecha's contributions to the town, and states that even to this day, she brings blessings to those who pray for her guidance.


"Let's buy a couple of supplies before heading out. And this statuette looks cute. I want to get that too," Andrea says.


Min and Andrea read a couple of warnings before entering the jungle.

"Spiders? Blech."

"There are worse things," Min nonchalantly responds.

"So snakes then."

"There are snakes, yes."


With a machete that we provided them, Min clears out a path for them to enter the jungle.


Looks like these two took the scenic route. We also made sure everything was 100% safe while filming this, folks.



"This is beautiful," Andrea remarks as she's taken aback by the sight of the waterfalls. "I've never seen something so perfect."


"I have," Min replies. "And she's standing right next to me."


That Min Kyu boy has a lot of moves, I tell you.


"Min!" Andrea cries out. "You really know how to take a girl's breath away."


The two go up to a ledge to get a better view of the falls. You should've seen it with your own eyes, folks. The thing's majestic.


After a long and tiring day, the pair head back to their rented villa.

"This is where we'll be staying for the night," Andrea informs Min.

"Swanky."


"I really wish we could've swum in the waterfalls," Min says.


"I know!" Andrea agrees. "I don't know why swimming there wasn't allowed this time. If we ever come back here, I hope we can do that."

"I do love the idea of a second trip," Min ponders.


As the night grows darker, Andrea and Min decide to head back inside for some dinner.


And a little warmth.


Clam chowder is served.



"I could just stay right here beside you for hours," Min whispers.

"I couldn't imagine anything better," Andrea replies.




Looks like these two are getting ready for bed.


---------------------------

I guess we better leave them for now, folks.

And this is Andrea's last night before the finale. Has she made her choice, or does she still have her doubts? Is anyone truly after the money all this time?

Join us in the next episode for the grand conclusion of this season of For Love or Money! I'm Mac Jamison, and I'll see you next time.

Comments

Popular Posts