Day 8: Get This Party Started


"Jeez, this sucks. I know this is a competition and all, but Darnell was a pretty cool guy. It's not everyday that you get to live with a basketball superstar. What was Andrea thinking?"


"You might all be wondering why we're all here today," Mac begins. "And at 8 AM in the morning no less."


"As y'all should know by now, today we're having another challenge, and it'll be a group effort this time. You'll be separating into two teams, where you'll have a dance battle. Andrea here will be picking the team captains, who will take turns picking team members. Andrea?"


"The team captains for today will be..."


"Milo"


"and Min."


"Was there even any doubt?"


"Milo gets to pick first. Good luck, guys!"

With that, both team captains move to the sides as they announce their choices.


"For my first pick..."


"Daniel"


"I know who I want on my team."


"Dax"


"Aaron"


"Didn't get picked last this time. That's a win in my book."


"And that leaves me with LEEEEEERRROOOOYYYYYY JENKIIIINS," Min Kyu hollers.


"Alright. Now that the teams are settled, let the dance battles begin!" Mac announces.


"ALRIGHT, PARTY PEOPLE!" some old guy enthusiastically shouts out. "Let's get this party started! Here's a little P!nk to start your day."


I'm coming up so you better get this party started

Get this party started on a Saturday night


Everybody's waiting for me to arrive


"Aaron wins this round."


Sendin' out the message to all of my friends

We'll be looking flashy in my Mercedes Benz


I got lotsa style, got my gold diamond rings

I can go for miles if you know what I mean


"Dax is the winner of this round. Up next are the team captains. This round will decide who gets to go on tomorrow's date!"


I'm comin' up so you better you better get this party started


I'm comin' up so you better you better get this party started


"After some deliberation, we declare Min Kyu to be the winner, along with his team. Good job, everyone!"


"Hey, Milo!" Andrea calls out.


"I thought you had some pretty slick moves over there."

"Not as slick as Min's, though," Milo replies.

"Well, no."


"Hey, Andrea, while we're here, there's something I need to tell you."

"I'm listening."

"I need to be honest with you."

"You mean you weren't honest with me before?" Andrea jokes to lighten the mood.

"Oh, I was, but I feel like you need to know this."

"And that is?"

"I..." Milo momentarily hesitates, twiddling his thumbs. "I just got out of a serious relationship."

"Is this where you tell me that you're not yet ready for another relationship? Because we don't have to rush things. We can take things as slow as you need to, if things ever work out between us."

"No, it's not that. It's actually one of the reasons I joined. Well, the other being my sister convincing me to do so. It's just that I had been together with Laura for six years, so I'm kind of new to the dating scene again."


"Well, what better way to get back into the dating scene than to compete on national TV for a woman? I bet this Laura regrets leaving you after seeing those moves on the dance floor. I have to admit, I was a little turned on by you guys going at it."

"It sounds kind of bad when you put it that way."

Andrea thinks over what she said before laughing along with Milo.

"Well, you sure did go at it," Andrea says. "And between you and me, the last relationship I had was with my college boyfriend, Nick. I kind of got busy once I got a job, and then one of my cousins told me about casting for this show. So I went for it"

"You weren't interested in any of the guys at work?"

"Oh, God no. Things are strictly professional. Mostly because dating any of them would be a huge dumpster fire, but that's neither here nor there."


"Daniel! Hey!" Andrea greets the police officer. "I'm sorry we couldn't go on that date like you wanted to. Maybe next time?"


"Don't worry about it," Daniel reassures her. "I'll make sure to win the next challenge...whatever that is. And you'll be pleased to know that all that time spent in the gym is starting to show results."

"You really love exercising, don't you?"

"I got into it around high school. I was more into playing computer games as a kid."

"Oh yeah, I remember you telling me that. And you were the captain of the football team."

"Yeah."


"What was that like, being team captain? You must've been high up on the food chain," Andrea remarks.

"Oh, I was. I dated the hottest girls back then."

Andrea raises her eyebrow at Daniel.

"But not as hot as you are, though," he backpedals.

"Oh, of course," Andrea jokingly states. "Did you like any of them?"

Daniel starts looking nervous and gets hot under the collar.


"Relax," Andrea says. "High school was like light years ago. You're about 27, right?"


"28, actually. And I dunno. I liked a few girls, but none of them ever turned into anything serious."

"How come?"

"Honestly? I guess I just started backing away once things got too serious. I know that's terrible, but I was an idiot back then. I promise I'm looking for something real now. I'm done playing games. Getting a little too old for that, you see."


"What's up, Aaron? Sitting here all alone?"


"I'm used to sitting by myself alone, really."

"But at a club?"


"I don't go to clubs that often."

"You don't really strike me as the type, actually. But you had some great moves earlier, though. Where did you learn to dance like that?"



"Annie showed me a few things. She'd ask me to go to a few parties with her. Sometimes I'd say no because I was busy getting things ready for class. Then she'd tell me to live a little because it's a Friday night."

"Honestly, I kind of agree with her there."


"And I don't regret it at all. We had a lot of fun, and I still had enough time to do well in my classes. Annie's one of my closest college friends, and my first few years in college wouldn't have been as fun without her."

"I guess I have to thank her, then, because it seems like she spent all that time preparing you for this moment, and leading you here to me."

"That's not exactly wrong. She did sign me up, after all."


"I'm glad she did," Andrea remarks as she looks at Aaron. "You know? All this time we haven't really gone somewhere that you like. Maybe next time we should go somewhere that's more your speed, like a park or a library."

"This is actually fine," Aaron says. "I don't go here often, but the atmosphere is nice. I think you can really fall in love with someone here, if the moment's right."


"I'll keep that in mind. But if we ever get a date together, I think I know the perfect place."


Once all's said and done, everyone goes back home, although they don't really stay up for too long.


What's she making this time?


Meatballs. I'm getting hungry just looking at them.


"Hmm, the flavor's pretty robust, but I guess I could round it out even more by adding some more salt," Andrea mutters to herself.


"Hey, I just wanted to say that you guys did a pretty good job earlier," Leroy tells Milo. "You had some nice moves."

"Thanks, Leroy. You guys won fair and square. I hope you enjoy your outing tomorrow."



"Oh, we'll make sure of it," Min chimes in as he eats his frank and beans. "You know, Leroy's right. You had good form earlier. I guess it was just bad luck that you had to go up against me."

"Yeah, like I had a chance," Milo chuckles.


And that's it for today. Andrea's calling it a night after a whole day out at the club.


---------------------------

After an exhausting day, everyone's just about ready to go to bed. Gotta get ready for tomorrow's date, after all. How will things play out for Andrea and the men? Will she change her mind once she sees a different side of them? Find out when we return on the next episode of For Love or Money!


Also, guess who decided to drop by later in the day? Some of the guys were happy to see him, but I didn't think it would make sense to show him in the episode. That would've been awkward. XD

Comments

Popular Posts