Day 6: Llama in the Sunset


"Man, I'm so jealous of you guys right now," Leroy exclaims as Dax finishes his breakfast. "Did Andrea tell you where you're going?"


"She hasn't," Dax replies. "She only told me that we're going somewhere fun today."

"Fun? Maybe she'll take you to a water park," Leroy guesses.

"Water parks are usually crowded this time of the year," Milo chimes in. "Even if the show books a reservation, it'll be hard to set all the camera equipment there and whatever."


Meanwhile, Min just blankly stares as he finishes his breakfast. He looks pretty pleased with himself today.

"I hope you guys know how to show her a good time," Daniel says.

"Oh, we will," Min replies in a smug tone.


And it looks like...Daniel's doing one-handed push ups with plates on the other hand in front of Andrea? Is this guy trying hard to impress her?

"Daniel...what are you doing?"

"Oh, just part of my usual morning workout routine."

Andrea pauses for a while.

"Well, just make sure you don't break them. We can't really afford more damages after the grill incident."

Yeah, tell me about it.


And after a short drive...

"Here we are. What do you think?"


"Discotheque Pan Europa. I just thought it would be something we can all enjoy. Although it's usually full at night, so we were able to get a permit to film here during the day."

"Looks swanky," Min remarks.

"The view looks nice," Dax comments.

"As long as it has good food, I'm good. Kind of starving right now," Milo says.


"Hey, I'm just going to head downstairs for a while. I'll leave you two here," Milo announces as he and Dax break away from the group.


Min decides to sit beside Andrea now that it's just the two of them. Smart move, kid.

"Well, I guess that settles the issue of who I get to talk to first," Andrea chuckles.


"To be honest," Andrea begins. "One of the reasons I chose this place was because I wanted to see you pull out your best moves. I hope you can show me later on."


"Oh, you can count on it. I got a lot more to show you, just so you know."


"Anyway, while we're here, I'm glad you ended up liking my eggs and bacon," Min Kyu says. "I cook my own food sometimes, although I don't use grills as often. Sorry about that."

"You don't have to keep apologizing for it," Andrea reassures him. "Accidents happen."

"Yeah, but how often do you destroy a 2000 simoleon grill on TV? I like to think of my performance yesterday as redeeming myself, if that makes sense."

"Look, Min, I understand feeling that way, but now that you won the cooking challenge, I hope you can get past that little incident. Maybe we can talk about something else. Like family. Do you have any siblings?"


"Funny you should mention that," Min responds. "I have this brother, Hyeun Joon. He's older than me by a couple of years."

"Are you guys close?"

"For the most part. But sometimes we don't get along."

"That's perfectly normal. I don't have any siblings, but I do have cousins who are my age. We'd get into fights sometimes."

"Yeah, well, I kind of got mad at Hyeun over a girl."

"A girl?"

"It wasn't really his fault, to be honest, so I ended up being kind of a dick about it. I...had this crush on this girl named Arla. We'd spend a lot of time together, and she often visited our house. Turns out she wanted to see my brother, although she did say she thinks of me as a good friend."

"Ouch."

"Yeah...and I guess that's why I joined this show. I just want to meet a girl who likes me that way."

"It's still a bit early to tell," Andrea says. "But maybe I can be that girl?"


"Enjoying the drinks?" Andrea asks Milo.

"I've only had food so far," Milo responds. "The fries are nice."

"Is it okay if we move over to the tables?"


"To be honest, I didn't really pick this place for the food. It's mostly just some snacks to help keep people from getting drunk too fast," Andrea admits.

"Well I like it," Milo claims. "And I'm not even drunk. Yet."

"Yet? Are you saying we'll get a little preview later on?"

"Maybe not. But who can say?"

"Oh, you know, there's something I've been meaning to ask you," Andrea explains. "You said you took up a year of food science. How come you only did just one?"


"Oh, that. It's kind of embarrassing to admit, but I think I know you well enough to tell you."

"You don't have to tell me if it makes you feel uncomfortable."

"Nah, I'm a big boy. Or at least, that's what I tell myself. Truth is, I wasn't ready for it."


"How come?" Andrea curiously asks.

"I wasn't ready for all that responsibility that came with college. I barely got by when I was there. It just didn't feel like the right thing for me, although I still wanted a job making food. And my parents. Man, were they mad when they found out I was dropping out."

"At least things worked out, though. You're still a chef. And I guess college isn't for everyone. A lot of people do well for themselves without finishing college. And look at me. I did finish college, and I'm still paying off student loans. Good thing you don't have to deal with that."

"Maybe you're right. But if we're being honest, the only reason I have my job right now is because a college friend hooked me up. His dad owned a small restaurant. I didn't really have a lot of options back then, and it was the first offer I got, so I took it."

"Aww, don't be too hard on yourself, Milo. I mean, you still work there, right? So you must be doing a good job if they decided to keep you. That offer was just a foot in the door for your career."

"Hm, I guess I just didn't think of it that way. You're right. And I'm glad I'm in a good place in my life right now, after what's happened recently. Although that story's for another time."


And last, we have Dax, who's enjoying himself outside.


"Dax! You're painting?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to take in the view, and then I saw this easel over here. A little inspiration struck me, and..."


"It looks interesting," Andrea remarks. "Is it some kind of alpaca in the sunset...?"

"Actually, it's a llama. But you know, I think that's a good title for it. 'Llama in the Sunset'. The collectors will eat it up."


"Speaking of eating it up..." Andrea begins.

Dax looks at her with an eyebrow raised.

"You promised me yesterday that you'd tell me about that shark attack."

"Oh, that. Yeah, it did try to eat me up, but I was having none of it. So there I was, back when I was 22, lying on my board waiting for the next big wave. I wasn't aware that a shark was nearby, hoping to make me its next meal."

"Oh my."

"So then it lunged at me, and I had to fight back with everything I got. I was able to land a few punches until I drove it away, but not before getting bitten myself."


"That must've hurt," Andrea comments with a concerned look on her face.

"Oh, it did. But it didn't damage anything major. My board took most of the blow. I had to get a bunch of stitches on my back, and I stayed in the hospital for a while."

"Maybe I shouldn't have joked about it earlier. It sounds like a traumatizing event."

"Nah, it's fine, Andy. It took me a year to fully recover, and not just physically. But I haven't stopped since, and I don't plan to anytime soon. And that board? I still have it up on my wall to remind me of what I went through, and that if I could survive that, I can survive a lot of other things."

"That's very admirable. And I'm glad you're fine now, and that it didn't stop you from doing what you love."

"It'll take more than some shark to stop me," Dax exclaims as he beams with pride. "So...now that I told you my shark story, it's your turn to tell me something. What's the deal with the 'Andy' nickname?"

Andrea smiles coyly at him.

"That story's for another time. I'll tell you then...if you manage to win a date with me again," Andrea says as she winks at him.

"Hey, no fair!" Dax jokingly complains.


After all that time talking, it's late afternoon and there are more people in the club now. Seems like Andrea and the guys decided it's the right time to get down and show off their sick moves.


Not bad. Wish I could be there myself, but hey, I'm just the host.


After just a little bit more dancing, everyone's back home by 6 PM.


And Andrea's back to doing what she does best: cooking dinner for hungry customers.


Although it looks like some people are more tired than hungry. Milo's beat after all that dancing, and somehow decided to doze off in the hot tub.


"What's cooking, good looking?" Daniel says as Andrea turns around. Andrea, in turn, chuckles at this.

"Has that line actually worked for you?"

"I dunno. You're the first one I tried it on."


"I'd say it did," Andrea says. "I made some tilapia for you guys. Help yourselves."

"Oh, no thanks. I'm not hungry right now."

"Suit yourself."


"How long have you been sitting there, anyway?" Andrea asks.

"Oh, not that long. I was passing by when I smelled something delicious, so I came in to see what's cooking."

"I just felt like it was a good time for fish."

Andrea slices her tilapia with her knife and stabs the morsel with a fork.


"How was your day, by the way? Hope you didn't have too much fun without me," Daniel inquires.

"Would you hold it against me if I said I did?"

"Ouch. That hurts, you know?"

"Well, the boys and I went to Discotheque Pan Europa. Got to talk with them a bit and stuff."


"Just talk?"

"There was dancing too. Min stole the show, as always. Watching him do his thing is just art."

"Oh, I know. He sometimes dances to the stereo in the gym while I'm there, and it's kind of hypnotic in its own way. I often end up staring at him a lot."

Daniel then thinks over what he just said and how it sounded.


Meanwhile, what are the other guys up to? Here's Darnell looking up some books in his trunks. So this is what famous basketball players do in their spare time.


"Anyway, I'm gonna head upstairs. Talk to you some other time, Andrea."

"Will do."


"Honestly, I was kind of sad I didn't get to see Andrea for most of the day. I mean, those three guys had her all to themselves. I just figured I could sneak in some time with her so I could get to know her better."


Over here, we have Aaron playing video games. Looks like he's more content being by himself right now.


"I had an amazing time today, Andy."

"Same here, Dax."

"So, you still don't want to talk about your nickname? What if I let you in on a few more juicy secrets, eh?"

"Dax!" Andrea laughs. "Maybe some other time. Andy's just going to make herself a little something before heading to bed."

"See you tomorrow, then."


You guys should know better than to eat ice cream too fast.


And here's Leroy venting out his frustrations on the punching bag. Maybe he's thinking of one of his more troublesome students.


"Hey, Milo," Andrea says. "You look nice. Those trunks really suit you."


"Well, you look nice in anything you wear, Andrea," Milo retorts.

"Aww, that's sweet."

"So, fixing yourself a little something?"

"Yeah, just something to help calm me down before I go to bed. Today was a really exciting day."

"It sure was."


"Anyway, I'm going up. It's getting kind of late. Hope you enjoy your drink, Andrea."


When Andrea's all alone, she starts giving herself a little pep talk.

"I guess today went well. Milo and the others seemed to have fun. Daniel seems to like you. And then tomorrow's another elimination. You can do this, girl. Just gotta make the right choice."


And Andrea goes off to sleep soon after that.


---------------------------

What's going to happen tomorrow during the elimination? Did Andrea like the guys she went out with? Who is the unlucky guy that will be sent home? Find out soon, when we return with the next episode of For Love or Money!

Comments

Popular Posts