Day 7: Second Elimination

Today brings another exciting episode of For Love or Money. I know a lot of you look forward to our elimination ceremonies, so I won't keep you guys waiting.



Daniel and Aaron are up early eating some of the leftover tilapia. Aaron's a bit shy, it seems, so he sits a bit farther away from the jacked police officer wearing just his sweatpants.


And later on, Daniel's having some delusions of grandeur.

"Yo, Darnell, check this out. NBA material, right in front of you."


The basketball hits Daniel on the head and bounces off.

"Ouch!" he yells out.

"Ha! Step aside and let a pro show you how it's done!" Darnell cockily utters.


.
.
.


"Damn."

"Oh, yeah, I see how you landed on your ass with better form to cushion the blow," Daniel sarcastically remarks.


The fact that you're a professional ball player makes this more embarrassing for you, Darnell.


"Let's just pretend this never happened, okay?" Daniel proposes.

"For sure."

Too late, boys. We caught it all on camera.


And it looks like Miss Merchant is up, looking well-rested and chipper.


Meanwhile, these two are up for their morning workout routine. Maybe they're trying to work out their nervous energy for the day.


"How are you, Min?" Andrea asks. "I know today's going to be a rough day for you guys. I don't even know what I'm going to do yet."


"Actually, I feel pretty good," Min responds. "How can I not be when I'm sitting beside a breathtakingly beautiful woman?"

Nice.



"What are you guys watching?" Andrea inquires.

"It's this old silent film playing on TNT. It looks interesting," Aaron replies.


"Oh, I love this movie!" Milo exclaims. "This is my favorite scene."

"I've never heard of this one before," Daniel says. "Although I'm not a huge film buff myself."


"What about you, Aaron? Have you seen this one before?"

"No. I mean, I've heard good things about it, but I've never gotten to see it until now. But based on what I've watched so far, I think those praises were justified."



Looks like something big just happened onscreen.

"WOOT! Nice!" Aaron cheers.

Meanwhile, Andrea just quietly grumbles.


"You guys still watching that?" Daniel asks as he rejoins the two.

Min Kyu shushes Daniel. "I'm trying to watch here."

"It's a silent film..." Daniel responds.


"...Yeah, I knew that. But the music score, though."


These two are just enjoying themselves on the arcade machine. I guess I'd do anything to take my mind off the elimination if I were them too.


Man, I think these two have been talking for hours now. I sense a connection here.

"I just love the part where that woman had that over-the-top frightened look when he came near her!" Andrea exclaims. "You won't see that in today's movies."

"Yeah, the silent film era was like a prototype of today's movies," Aaron explains. "At first, most theater conventions carried over to movies, so exaggerated expressions were definitely in vogue at the time."


Later still, they're joined by more people as Andrea gets herself some lunch.

"You cooked the tilapia, right?" Daniel asks.

"Mhm," Andrea mumbles as she chews on her meal.

"I had some yesterday. It was delicious."

Laying it on real thick there, Daniel.



"Llama's still asleep, and...wait, where is everyone?"


"I'm just going to the gym room, Andrea," Daniel says. "These muscles aren't going to maintain themselves, you know."


"I can see that," Andrea sultrily replies as she enjoys the eye candy. "Maybe I'll get to see the results of your hard work soon?"

"Only if you keep me around long enough to see it. I guess I'll see you later at around, say, 3 PM?"

"Jeez, get a room, you guys," Min Kyu chimes in.


Looks like it's just these two right now.

"Hey, you said you grew up in San Myshuno, right?" Daniel asks.

"In the Branks district, yeah."

"I'm from San Myshuno too, but I grew up in the Kings area."


"Didn't you say you were a cop?" Darnell asks.

"Yeah. How come?"

"We didn't really trust the cops too much when I was growing up. A bunch of my friends got shot by them, and they were good people."

Daniel looks uncomfortable as Darnell mentions this.

"I...I'm sorry, Darnell. For the way you guys were treated. Not all of us are bad guys, honest. It's just that a bunch of bad apples give the SMPD a bad rep."

"It's fine. I can tell you're one of the good ones, bro."



"Hey Aaron," Leroy says.

"Oh, uh, hey Leroy."

"You browsing some books?"

"Yeah, I'm just passing the time as the dreaded hour approaches, really."

"I was just browsing through the novels and art history books myself," Leroy claims. "I might find some new material that I can teach when I get back to work in the fall."



3 PM. Andrea walks out looking as lovely as ever. It's time.



"Alright, y'all know what happens. Andrea will call you all out one by one. Whoever doesn't receive a rose must leave the house and forfeit his cash prize. Let's start."


Andrea scans through the room, eyeing each of the men.

"This wasn't easy for me, but I've thought this through, and I hope you all know I have to do this with a heavy heart."


.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


"Milo"


"I really enjoyed your cooking. Your dish was by far the best one I tasted. I'm so glad to have someone to swap recipes with too. It's just nice that we have a lot in common, which is why I want you to have this rose."

"Thanks, Andrea. I had a fantastic time yesterday."


"Min Kyu"


"Min, you never fail to amaze me with your skills. And it's refreshing to see someone so confident, even if you did mope for a while about that grill," Andrea chuckles. "Please accept this."

"I will. And just so you know, I'm over that incident."



"Aaron"


"How can I forget you? I really missed seeing you yesterday, and I think we have this rapport going, and I don't want to throw that way. Please take this rose."

"I feel the same about you, Andrea."


"Dax"


"Mister Badass Shark Survivor. I was captivated by your little tale, and amazed by your resilience. For that, I think you deserve this rose."

"Awesome!"


"Daniel"


"I hope I get to see the fruits of your labor sometime soon," Andrea winks.

"Good choice, Andrea. And you can count on that."


"Leroy. Darnell. I've enjoyed spending the past week with you, but I had to make a choice. I really, really regret having to let one of you go, and I hope you won't be too upset with me for this."





"Leroy"


"I sense that you're a good man, helping your sister out with her surgery bills. I want to get to know you better, so I hope you'll take this rose and continue your journey here."

"I will, Andrea. And thank you."



"Hey Darnell. I'm really sorry, but you'll have to pack your bags and forfeit your prize. Please step up to the fireplace."


The fiery embers consume Darnell's tiny slip of paper, revealing an amount of 250,000 simoleons before the check is forever turned to ashes.


"Darnell, I'm sorry. You're a very handsome and charming guy, and I'm sure they'll call me an idiot for sending home the Llamas' best point guard, but I feel like we'd be better off as friends. Well, I hope you're still willing to be friends with a nobody like me once you're back to your fabulous superstar athlete lifestyle."


"Of course, Andrea. How can I forget a special lady like yourself? Tell you what: I'll hook you and your dad up with season tickets once this is all done. And you'll always be free to visit me in the court."

"That's very kind of you, Darnell. We'll make sure to cheer you on in every game."



"Umm...Darnell," Mac meekly utters as he shyly approaches the basketball star.

"What's up?"

"I know now's not a good time, but this could be my last chance. Is it okay if we could...?"

Mac brings out his cellphone and gestures to it.

"Oh, sure, homes. Anything for a fan."



"Damn, for a while, I thought I was doing good. Was I just imagining that I had a real shot with Andrea? Or maybe I'm just not her type. She coulda seen something in those other guys she went out with and decided that I'm not the one for her."

"I guess this is it for me. At least I'll get to tell the boys a few things when I see them at practice next week. Darnell Nixon, out."






As a small bonus...


"Man, wait 'til the nephews see this..."

Comments

Popular Posts