Day 19: Lakeside Living


"Milo, you're still in your pajamas."

"Wait, what time is it?"

"It's 7:20. We have reservations at 8."

"I'll get ready in 20 minutes."


"We're not going to hold back this time. First part of our date is breakfast at Chez Llama," Andrea announces.

"Oh, I've always wanted to try this place, but the queue is always 6 months long, and the prices are kinda steep," Milo says.

"Well, let's just say with a few pulled strings and a little advanced planning, we were able to score ourselves two seats. Shall we head in?"


"Good morning, ma'am. Welcome to Chez Llama," the hostess cheerfully greets Andrea.

"Hi. We have reservations for two under SimBC."

"Oh, the reality show people. Right this way, ma'am."


"So, what are you thinking of getting?" Andrea asks.

"I dunno. They all sound so...strange. And expensive," Milo replies.

"The network's footing the bill anyway."

"How about we just order everything?"

"Oh, I wish."


"Hello. May I take your order?" the waitress asks.

"Yeah, we'd like to have two chamomile teas. And for me, I'll have the Honeycomb Garden Vegetable Cups," Milo says.

"And I'll have the Jungle Moss Egg with Lavender Wisps," Andrea follows up.

"Alright. Your order will be ready in 20 minutes."

The waitress briskly walks to the kitchen and relays their order to the chef.


"Jungle Moss Egg, huh?" Milo remarks.

"I hear it's made from fresh ingredients directly imported from Selvadorada," Andrea claims.

"Fancy."


"Well, you only deserve the best, Milo," Andrea says as she blows him a kiss.

"You deserve it too. Because you're the best."


The waitress later arrives with their food and sets it on their table.

"I've never seen something like this before," Andrea excitedly remarks.

"I know, it looks so alien," Milo agrees.

"I'm going to take a picture and post it on Simstagram."

"You know what? I'll do that too."


The two decide to dig in. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of what they're eating.

"How is it?" Milo asks.

"Kind of creamy inside, with a sweet-sour taste to it."

"Let me try mine."


"Well?" Andrea looks expectantly at Milo.

"It's...pretty good. It has some crunch to it, and the meat chunks really complement the vegetables well."


"Hello. Just checking in. How's your meal so far?" the waitress asks.

"What do you think?" Andrea asks.

"Exquisite," Milo comments.

"It was everything I hoped it would be," Andrea remarks.

"Excellent. I'll make sure the chef knows how much you appreciate his work."


"Are you ready for the second part of our date?" Andrea asks.

"Second part? This just keeps getting better and better."


After a long drive, the two finally arrive at their destination.

"This is it," Andrea tells Milo as she clasps his hands. "One cabin just for the two of us. One whole day for us to relax with no one bothering us."

"Oh, this is amazing. I just want to lie down all day and spend every moment with you."

"I can get behind that."


"So. I told you about Laura already," Milo begins.

"Yes. And?"

"I never really got to hear about your past boyfriends."

"You don't usually talk about exes with people you're trying to date," Andrea points out.

"Yeah, I know, but I'm just curious. I want to know more about your past."


"You sure? You might not be ready for it."

"I'm ready for anything."

"I'm not sure if I've told you yet, but I was very obese back in high school up to my early twenties," Andrea recounts.

"I don't think you have, but I don't mind. You could weigh a ton and it wouldn't change anything."

Andrea chuckles.

"Anyway, before I got too obese, I did have a boyfriend in high school named Justin. Around that time, I started learning how to cook, and I made lunches for him sometimes."

"That's sweet," Milo comments.

"It didn't really last long, though. He broke up with me in sophomore year and started dating someone else. I think that was when my eating problems started to get worse."

"I'm sorry to hear that, Andrea."

"Don't be."

"If it's any consolation, he probably regrets letting you go."

"Well, who knows? When we got back in touch online, I found out he just got engaged, so he seems to be doing fine for himself."


Later on, these two head on to the balcony and play a game of cards.

"How about we make this interesting?" Andrea proposes.


"Interesting how?" Milo curiously asks.

"Loser has to swim naked in the lake later tonight."

"Deal!"


Judging by that grimace, I think we can tell who's skinny dipping later.


After that, the lovebirds get cozy near the fireplace.


They probably needed more warmth.


"Who are you betting on to win?" Milo asks.

"I like the figure skating orangutans," Andrea responds.

"Really? I think their routine wasn't as polished. I think the mute albino ballerina will win it."


"Are you ready for it, Milo?"

"Oh jeez. Hold on. Give me a minute to get ready."


"I bet that water's freezing cold by now," Andrea teases. "You know what cold water does to a man's body, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, that's funny."

"Didn't you say you were ready for anything? Time to bare it all!"


Milo proceeds to take off his clothes and slowly treads into the lake's freezing waters.


Milo wades around for 15 minutes and then decides that he can't take it anymore.

"Damn, that was cold," Milo remarks.

"If it makes you feel any better, I had so much fun watching you do that," Andrea chuckles.

"I'd feel better if I was dry and wearing clothes right now,"

"If you stand closer to the fire you'll get drier sooner,"


"Oh, look, another airplane!" Andrea points out.


"Maybe we can pretend it's a shooting star," Milo says. "I could really use a wish right now."

"What would you wish for?" Andrea inquires.

"I think you know."


"I had a great time today, Andrea."

"Same here. It all went by so fast. I just wish we had more time."

"Well, the night's still young. Let's make every moment last."



"Are you...heading inside now?" Milo asks.

"I am. I'm just a little nervous because I've never shared a room with a guy on this show."

"I have a lot of experience with that, because I've been sharing a room with other men for the past three weeks."

Andrea chuckles at this.

"Maybe you can give me some tips, then?"


"I sure can," Milo replies.


---------------------------

And that's where we'll leave them, folks. Will Milo be Andrea's choice? Or will she choose Min Kyu instead?

Tune in next time to find out how Andrea's day out with Min Kyu goes. As always, this is Mac Jamison, and you are watching For Love or Money.

Comments

Popular Posts