Day 1: Introductions

Welcome to Season 2 of For Love or Money! On our first day, we'll be getting to know the men who will be spending the next few weeks with our girl, Andrea. Time to see if anyone will make a good first impression.


And here she is now! Andrea's just waiting for the arrival of the first guy.


A pretty sharp-looking fellow, I'd say.


"Hi! Welcome to the show! I'm Andrea. And you are?"

"Aaron," he shyly states.

"Hello, Aaron. What can you tell me about yourself?"


"Well, I grew up in the city, back in Bridgeport. But that life's not really for me. It's really crowded and stuffy, which is why I prefer living closer to nature. I've always found plants fascinating, you know."

"More fascinating than dating women?" Andrea jokes.

Aaron chuckles with a slight tinge of nervous energy. "I...think that's a story for another time. But I can say that as much as I like plants, dating would be something I'm very much interested in trying out as well. Which is why I joined this show."

"Well you're in luck, because now's your chance to go on dates on this show. But we can talk about that another time. Can you please go inside the dining room while I meet the other men?"

"Sure."


"Oh, and I've seen the place. The garden's still there from last season. I think you'll like it."

With that, Aaron walks inside and sits down by the dining table.


Not bad for a first impression. And looks like our next fellow has arrived.


"Hey, Milo's the name. And who's this lovely creature right in front of me?"

Andrea giggles slightly. "Andrea. So Milo, what can you tell me about yourself?"


"I took a year of food science some years ago, but I realized that it's not for me. Although I still did end up becoming a chef thanks to a friend hooking me up with this restaurant his dad owned."

"That's crazy! I'm a chef too!" Andrea excitedly blurts out.

"Awesome. What cuisine do you guys do?"

"We mostly do seafood and steaks. What about you guys?"


"Oh, a little bit of everything. It's not really a fancy place, but a job's a job."

"Well, it was nice meeting you, Milo, but I still have six other men to meet. Please head inside and join the rest in the dining room."


The next guy here looks energetic.


"Hello! I'm Andrea, and you are?"

"I'm Min Kyu."

"Sounds Korean."

"I definitely am."

"I don't know if it's just me, but you look like you were yanked straight out of a K-Pop music video."



"Funny you should mention that, because I actually work as a dance instructor," Min Kyu says.

"That must be really exciting! You probably have a lot of moves."

"Not just probably. I definitely have a lot of moves. And I can't wait to show them to you, Andrea," he says while winking.


"Well," Andrea says while grinning. "I'd like to see that for myself sometime. But for now, would you kindly join the others in the dining area while I meet the other men?"


The next guy seems pretty laid back in comparison to Min Kyu.


"What's up? Name's Tyne."

"Tyne. What an unusual name. I'm Andrea."

"Andrea. What a regular name."


"It's not as imaginative as Tyne, I admit. So, what can you tell me about yourself?"


"I really love fishing. It's my favorite pastime, helps calm me down after a day of work."

"I haven't tried fishing a lot myself," Andrea responds. "My dad took me once when I was a kid, and I caught maybe a few."

"Did you cook them?"

"Oh yes," Andrea enthusiastically replies. "Dad showed me how, and it was delicious."

"I'm pretty good at cooking seafood myself," Tyne claims. "I'm a cook at a seafood restaurant."


"Another chef? I don't know if production did this intentionally, because there's this other guy who's also a chef. And I'm one too."

"I guess we won't be running out of delicious food soon."

"I can guarantee that you all will love my cooking. But that's for another time. Can you join the other men in the dining room while waiting for me?"



This one looks like a nice fellow.


"Hi there! My name's Andrea. What's yours?"

"Leroy."


"Leroy...why does your face seem familiar?"


"I've actually been on TV before. I joined this show named 'Locked' because I needed some money for my sick sister."

Andrea thinks on it for a while.

"Oh, that's right! I actually remember that. You said your sister needed an operation, I think."

"She doesn't anymore," Leroy smiles. "And now it's back to my old life teaching a bunch of high school kids."

"That must be difficult. My high school teachers had a hard time keeping everyone in line."

"Sometimes you just have to be tough on 'em. It's all a balancing act, cutting them some slack at times."

"Well, I'd love to hear more about you some other time. But I still have some other men to meet. Can you please head inside and join the rest in the dining room?"



I'd say this one's an energetic free spirit, if I had to guess.


"Hello! I'm Andrea."

"Dax Waverly Cove. But you can just call me Dax."

"So, Dax, you seem like a sporty guy. What can you tell me about yourself?"



"I'm a professional surfer," Dax claims.

"Surfer? That sounds exciting. I've never surfed before, so I can't even imagine."

"Oh, I've got plenty of stories to tell. I got attacked by a shark once in Isla Paradiso."

"Oh my God! Was it that bad?"


"It was, but I pulled through. And now I'm here right before you."

"I'm glad you made it here, Dax. And I hope you can teach me surfing someday. Although for now, I still have a few more guys to meet, so would it be okay for you to wait with the others in the dining room?"


"No problem."


Wait, is this...


"Hey! What's up?" he asks.

"Is...is it really you?" Andrea asks. "Darnell Nixon?"

"In the flesh."

"Oh my God, my dad's a huge fan! I watch basketball with him sometimes, and I see you on TV all the time! Is this some kind of publicity stunt? What's a guy like you doing on this show anyway?"



"My agent suggested signing up. And you know what? I did. It's the off season anyway, and I could use a change of pace."

"Well, you have to know that this is a different game you're playing. You may be a winner in the courts, but it'll take a lot to win this woman's heart," Andrea jokes.

"Challenge accepted, ma'am," Darnell replies. "I hope I'll get to know you more in the coming days."


"Likewise. Oh, and there's still one more guy I need to meet. Can you just wait a little while in the dining room with the other men?"

"Sure."

Darnell starts walking to the door before abruptly stopping to face Andrea.


"Damn, almost forgot. I didn't catch your name."

"It's Andrea," she says as she smiles.

"I'll remember that."


The last guy to arrive seems boyish but tough.


"What's up? Name's Daniel."

"Hello, Daniel. I'm Andrea. Can you tell me something about yourself?"

"I'm a police officer in San Myshuno. I'd say I'm pretty fit for the job."

"Definitely. And you guys seem to be doing a pretty good job, because I haven't really heard of any break-ins recently over there."


"Yep, we make sure to round them all up and lock them away. I'm responsible for keeping a lot of scum off the streets, actually."

"I'm sure you have a lot of interesting stories to tell," Andrea says.

"A lot of days it's mostly routine stuff, but then there's the occasional assignment. Seeing the streets safe for everyone is all worth it in the end."

"That's very admirable. So Daniel, can you join the others in the dining room? I'll be with you guys shortly."


"Hey, what's up, everyone? The name's Daniel."

Everyone proceeds to introduce themselves, and soon they're all discussing their personal lives and the show.

"So, what do you think of Andrea?"
"Man, she seems nice, and she's kind of hot to boot."
"Did you hear she's a chef?"
"I can't wait to find out what we're going to do on the show!"


While everyone's busy talking among themselves, Mac and Andrea enter the room.


"Greetings, gentlemen. As y'all know, you'll be spending the next few weeks in this house with Miss Andrea Merchant. You're free to do as you please for the rest of the day. Just don't stay up too late, because tomorrow's a special day."


"Hey, everyone!" Andrea says. "Now that I've had the chance to speak to all of you, you're now free to go around the house. Don't forget to get settled in the sleeping quarters too."

With that, the men decide to get up and go around the house.


Daniel's first instinct is to look for the home gym.

"Nice! They left it unchanged from last season. Everything's still here!"


Min Kyu, on the other hand, occupies himself with the new arcade machine we got for the games room.

"This is awesome! I don't remember this being here before."


Aaron's mostly content watching a movie on the living room TV.


And it looks like Daniel found a workout buddy in Dax.

"Mind if I join?" Dax asks.

"Nah, go ahead," Daniel replies.


Andrea, meanwhile, discovers the arcade machine after Min Kyu is done using it.

"Oh, I love this game! Production didn't tell me about this! They must've gotten it right before the show began."


Darnell decides to do some push-ups in front of the TV. He does know we have a gym in this place, right?


"So, you like going on a run too?" Daniel asks.

"I usual prefer surfing as my form of exercise, but we don't really have access to any large body of water right now, so this will do," Dax responds.

"I just like running. It keeps me fit, which is really important in my job."

"What do you do?"

"I'm a cop."



"I don't know why you enjoy doing that," Milo says. "It looks exhausting."

"Hey, I gotta keep myself in top shape. Just because I'm not training with the boys right now, doesn't mean I can just let myself go," Darnell explains.


"Eh, to each his own. I'll just be here sitting in front of the TV."


Tyne soon joins Andrea in her quest to make things explode onscreen.

"So you say you guys serve seafood and steaks?" Tyne asks.

"It's kind of like this Cajun-style place. I've tried the food there myself, and I think it's pretty good," Andrea says.

"It kind of sounds like you're giving yourself a backhanded compliment there."

Andrea lightly elbows Tyne.


"Well, obviously the others cook whenever I eat there."


"What's on now?" Leroy asks.

"It's this documentary about a dog that can do basic calculus and stuff," Milo says.

"Wait, seriously?" Darnell asks in a skeptical tone. "There's no way that's real. I've got to see this."


Min Kyu decides to give the arcade machine another go, only to see Andrea and Tyne in the middle of a round.

"Mind if I join?" Tyne asks.

"You're just in time," Andrea says. "We need another player to man this ship."

"So, anyway," Tyne continues. "It almost broke my line, but I was able to pull that bass out of the water. We ate like kings that evening."

"Oh, I love bass," Min Kyu says. "Sometimes I'd treat myself to a nice meal after my shift is done. Gonna need energy for all that dancing, after all."


The three soon decide to join the people in the living room.

"Wait, is that dog...? I couldn't even do that when I was in high school," Andrea remarks.

"I may be Asian, but math's not really my thing," Min Kyu says. "Contrary to popular belief."

"Well I'm surprised," Tyne jokes.

"Never took up calculus," Darnell says. "The last time I touched math was in high school. Not really much of a need for x's and y's in a ball game."

"Math's not really my specialty," Leroy says. "I just let the other teachers handle that one."


"Well, I had a lot of fun, guys, but it's getting pretty late. I think I'll head to my room. You probably shouldn't stay up too late either. We got a special day ahead of us tomorrow. You don't want to miss that," Andrea says.


And with that, Andrea decides to call it a night.


---------------------------

And that's it for our premiere episode this season. What's going to happen tomorrow on the show? Tune in next time to find out! I'm your host, Mac, and you are watching For Love or Money.

Comments

Popular Posts